Easy Cabbage & Sausage One Pan Meal
I truly feel meals should be easy yet delicious. I’m a busy mama and just don’t have time to spend more then an hour creating meals. Pinterest has become my go-to for finding tasty, yet easy meals to prepare for my family.
I found this recipe recently and my family loved it so much I had to share. This recipe is super easy to make and cost less than $10! (For a family of 4)
When picking a sausage to use I chose to use the Hillshire Farms Roasted Garlic Chicken Sausage. This gave the recipe a nice flavor I love using this for a few different recipes for this reason. Choose a sausage of your choice that better suites your family, I prefer to stray away from beef or pork when ever I can and the Hillshire Chicken Sausage is a great substitution without compromising flavor.
The pan I like to use is a large foil pan. I prefer using this for two reasons. Easy clean up and when covered with foil it gives me the same outcome as doing a foil packet meal. You can purchase large foil pans just about anywhere.
Lets Get Started!
- 10-15 Minutes
- 1-2 heads of cabbage (1 feeds my family of three with left overs for lunch next day)
- Red or golden potatoes
- 6-10 Ice Cubes
- Seasonings of choice - Black Pepper, Parsley, Garlic Salt
Why Ice Cubes?
Ice cubes will melt and evaporate into steam to help cook your potatoes and cabbage thoroughly vs adding water which will make things soggy. Cool right?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Chop up whole onion, cabbage, and potatoes to your liking
- Cut up Sausage
- Add everything into large baking pan
- Season food and mix together with large spoon
- Add in ice cubes evenly throughout pan
- Cover with foil
- Place in oven
- Cook for 1- 1 1/2 hours - check periodically. Use a fork to test tenderness of potatoes to establish when ready.
Serve and Enjoy!
I guarantee this will be a repeat on the menu. Also for those picky eaters it’s great way to add in vegetables or your little ones that they can enjoy.
If you try it let us know! Tag us in your photos on social media!