I am a full-time photographer, graphic designer, blogger and mother to three boys. I have two biological sons and one taken in from my boyfriend. I started this incredible journey of motherhood after I graduated from college at the age of 23. I graduated with a Bachelors of Arts in Mass Communications from Southern Illinois University-Edwardsville. (c/o 2013)
I always knew I was going to be considered an "extra" mom. The kind who plan birthday parties eight months in advance, try to pack Pinterest inspired lunches and celebrate half birthdays. Never in a million year did I think I would have an interest in writing a blog that caters to being a mother. However, four years later here I am.
After experiencing the hardships of motherhood, gaining the experience I felt the need and want to share my journey with other mothers. Especially first time moms I have a special place in my heart for them.
I plan to share my experience in single motherhood. How to successfully blend families, take in a child full time that isn’t biologically yours and much more. I don’t sugar coat the topics I write about and plan to be as transparent to my reader as possible.
I hope this blog becomes a tool for expecting mothers as well as advanced. As we all know you NEVER stop learning new things on this path called parenthood. I look forward to writing about my experiences and hearing others.
15 Random Things About Yanna
1. Sunflowers are my FAVORITE flowers.
2. I could eat Pizza, Pasta, Tacos and Seafood every week.
3.I was born in Minneapolis, MN.
4. I am 5’4 even though I dreamt of being 5’7.
5. I have an obsession with leopard, cactus, & pineapple printed items.
6. I can say all 50 states in alphabetical order.
7. I’ve never been on a boat before.
8. Key Lime pie is my guilty pleasure.
9. I got my first tattoo at the age of 14. I have 8 total now and plan on getting more. :)
10. I am partially (1/4) Ojibwe Native American. (Leech Lake)
11. I hate feet.
12. Favorite colors are Forest Green & Mustard.
13. 9/10 I am wearing black, white or grey.
14. Pugs are my favorite breed of dogs.
15. I don’t care for baked macaroni and cheese at all.